Bromsgrove Beer Cider and Perry Festival is a well-established event involving the local community and attracting thousands of visitors to Bromsgrove Rugby Football Club. The event is organised by the Redditch and Bromsgrove Branch of CAMRA and run entirely by volunteers. The organising committee is seeking tenders from suppliers to provide catering services for the duration of the event. There will be 6 catering pitches available which will be located together in a catering village. The organisers are seeking a mix of catering facilities to include (but not limited to):
- Savoury items e.g. pizza, ethnic foods, crepes, vegetarian, barbecue, pork and beef baps
- Sweet items e.g. doughnuts, crepes, waffles, cakes
- Speciality coffee and drinks e.g. smoothie’s
- Burgers, sausages and breakfast
Note: we are not seeking tenders for alcoholic and soft drinks as these are already provided by the event organisers.
Since 2003, Bromsgrove Beer Cider and Perry Festival has grown to become one of CAMRA’s well established Festivals and is a great day out in the heart of Bromsgrove. We expect in the region of 4000 visitors. Camping facilities are available.
Our opening times are as follows:-
- Thursday 25th June 2pm until 11pm
- Friday 26th June 12midday until 11pm
- Saturday 27th June 11am until 9pm
1. A fully operational and staffed catering facility serving a range of hot and/or cold food. The supplier will be required to provide, set up, maintain, secure and remove the catering facility, which may be in the form of a mobile trailer or small marquee.
2. The supplier would be required to be open as follows:
- Thursday 25th June – 2pm continuing in to the evening (until 10pm)
- Friday 26th June – 12midday continuing in to the evening (until 10pm)
- Saturday 27th June – 11am continuing in to the evening (until 9pm)
3. The festival is run by unpaid volunteers. We encourage vendors to offer a discount to volunteers wearing staffing badges. Please indicate on the accompanying form any types of volunteer discount that you are prepared to offer.
4. The supplier is required to have public liability insurance for outside events; will be responsible for their own risk assessment and health and safety procedures; and must meet the relevant food safety requirements.
5. Suppliers should bring their own electricity generator and advise the type of generator that is being used, so the event organiser can decide whether this is suitable for use at the event. If it is not feasible to provide a generator, then the organiser (subject to availability) can make arrangements to supply electricity at an extra charge of £20/day. Suppliers requiring electricity will be required to list the items requiring electricity on the tender form and comply with an electricity supply agreement which will be sent to you if you are awarded a tender.
6. Toilets will be provided by the event organiser.
7. If suppliers require tables and chairs in the immediate vicinity of their pitch, then it is advisable to provide their own.
8. The disposal of bottles, cans and related consumable packaging is the sole responsibility of the supplier.
9. Suppliers will be responsible for their own 24-hour security. They will either need to remove their mobile unit overnight (if used); ensure their stock and equipment is secure if left in place overnight; or arrange for their own overnight security provision.
10. Suppliers are welcome to set up on Wednesday 24th June (after 4pm) if they wish. No vehicle access will be permitted during the opening hours of the event to re-stock and remove rubbish.
Suppliers interested in tendering to provide catering facilities are required to submit a form by 9am on Friday 3rd April 2020 at the address on the tender submission form.
Please use the electronic form available here if possible.
A MS Word version is also available to download here:-https://bromsgrovebeerfestival.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Catering-Booking-Form-BBF-2020-2.docx
A PDF version is available here:-
Electronic and email submissions will be accepted. Successful tenders will be notified by Friday 24th April and required to pay the standard trade pitch rate (a total of £200 for the 3 days), by 29th May 2020, otherwise pitches will be offered to an alternative supplier. The tender submission must include a copy of your public liability insurance and food hygiene certificate.
The tenders will be assessed by representatives from the Bromsgrove Beer Cider and Perry Festival committee. The selection will be based on factors such as financial contribution; facility provision; product range; any discounts for festival volunteers; and use of local suppliers, where applicable.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions about this tender.
David Wheeler, Organiser